Sunday 17 November 2013

【Penang槟城】Penang Bridge International Marathon(PBIM)

From http://www.penangmarathon.gov.my/portal/live-results/

I just took part in Penang Bridge International Marathon (PBIM). It is so unbelievable that I have done 10km running in 1 hour and 23 minute. Though it is not a super duper genius record, it is a whole new record in my life time.


We went off at 1am from Bukit Mertajam to jetty Butterworth. I was so struggled, "Am I really can finish 10km running in 1 hour 30 minutes?" I doubted about myself. If I could not finish running 10km in 1.5 hours, I would lose the medal. I asked Khor, "May I give up to go?" It was raining outside. She just smiled at me. T_T

Penang bridge was closed at the night til 10am. The ferry service was extended to 24 hours.When we were heading to Penang island by ferry on 2am, I was still feeling stressed in my mind. I paid money for it, so I have to get good result in the marathon. This was my little persistence, but this also made me stressed.

PBIM also prepared free shuttle buses as participant transportation. I was staring outside the bus window, I started to plan my running journey. The total time was 90 minutes. Therefore, I had to finish 1 km in 9 minutes. I could not imagine I could do it. I praticed running in college, the result was I finished 2.1km runnning in 20 minutes. I really do not know where did my courage come from to take part in this marathon. 

I started my way on 6am (10k Open Women). I kept running along the journey but I still suffered from leg pain. My right leg was hurt, I could not control it well. However, I did not stop moving. I was jogging slowly when going up while I kept running in wide step when I was going down because the potential force will help me to move faster. The view on the Penang bridge was comfort my tired body. I did not take photo on the bridge but kept moving when others were taking photos because I knew my target, so, I was just heading to the destination. There were some signal boards to tell participant how far to go. The boards encouraged me to go further as I knew the goal became nearer and nearer. At the last 500m, my right leg was groaning and moaning. I almost could not bear the pain. Meanwhile, my stomach was cramped. I still kept moving by pressing my stomach and moving slowly. I reached! Finally, I reached at destiantion in 1 hour and 28 minutes. 

I appreciated my hard work. Before that, I always told myself I could not do it (exercise) because of asthma and big body size. I was changed, changed by friends in my college. They love to exercise and invite me to join them. The course I took also influenced me. Exercise makes me feel released from tension and tiredness of working. 

Last but not least, I am not regret to attend the PBIM. I am thankful to God as God gives me friends to work hard together and make me not alone. I also learn that persistence is the key to succeed.

这是我人生中第一次参加马拉松。槟威大桥马拉松每年都会举办一次。来槟城学习3年半了,今年才鼓起勇气参加马拉松。

凌晨1点钟,我们就从学院宿舍出发到北海的码头搭渡轮。由于槟威大桥被关闭,渡轮服务24小时开放,有关当局还提供免费巴士到达起跑点。出发前,我的内心很挣扎,到底要不要去参加马拉松。我感到很压力,因为我必须在一个小时30分钟以内完成十公里的路程。平时我在学院练习跑步,需要花20分钟完成2.1公里的路程。我真的很怀疑自己的能力,到底能不能够办到。假如我不能在限定的时间内完成十公里,我就得不到奖牌。既然付钱报名了,尽我所能跑出个成绩是我小小的坚持。但是,这个坚持却让我感到压力,因为我必须突破自己。

战友的陪伴让我勇敢面对挑战。我成功了!我一共花了1小时23分钟完成了十公里的跑程。 虽然这不是非常完美的结果,对我来说,这已经足够了。这个结果让我知道“只要我要,我就能做到”。

还记得以前,我时常说些丧气话,感觉自己一定不能做好某样事情。跑步就是其中一件让我怀疑自己能力的事情。哥哥偶尔会嘲笑我办不到某样事情。这一次我办到了!我的成就不但摧毁了哥哥的嘲讽,还证明了只要有心,我都可以办到凡事尽力。 纵然我的右脚掌受伤、肚子抽筋,可我还是继续向着目标前进。这时我才发现,原来我也可以这么坚持完成一件事情。看来,我还存着无限的潜能呢!=P

My dear fellows (亲爱的战友们)

 Our Achievements (我们成功了!)

-The End-   

No comments:

Post a Comment